Parambikulam Tiger Reserve is situated in the Chittur taluk of Palakkad revenue district in the state of Kerala. Surrounding the sanctuary are Pollachi and Valparai taluks of Coimbatore district in the state of Tamil Nadu, and Thrissur and Mukundapuram taluks of Thrissur district of Kerala.
The sanctuary is approachable only by road and is 80 km from both Palakkad (Kerala state) and Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu state).
The nearest town is Pollachi , which is 41 km away. There is no road directly connecting Parambikulam with the rest of Kerala state, and all visitors must pass through Pollachi in Tamilnadu state.
Tips for the discerning tourists:
|Approach By Road||From Pollachi (Tamilnadu) – 41 km (route map)|
|From Palakkad (Kerala) – 76 km (route map)|
|From Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) – 84 km (route map)|
|From Thrissur (Kerala) – 111 km (route map)|
|Nearest Railway Station||Pollachi Junction (Tamilnadu) – 39 km (route map)|
|Podanur Junction (Tamilnadu) – 77 km (route map)|
|Palakkad Junction (Kerala) – 79 km (route map)|
|Coimbatore Junction (Tamilnadu) – 81 km (route map)|
|Nearest Airport||Coimbatore International Airport (Tamilnadu) – 96 km (route map)|
|Cochin International Airport (Kerala) – 155 km (route map)|
|Nearest Medical Facility||Primary Health Centre, Parambikulam – 0 km|
|Private Poly Clinics, Vettaikaranputhur – 23 km|
|Nearest Fuel Pump||Vettaikaranputhur – 23 km|
The only way to enter Parambikulam Tiger Reserve is to go through Topslip in Anamalai Tiger Reserve in Tamilnadu state. Therefore, in addition to the fee payable at Parambikulam Tiger Reserve, visitors must also pay all applicable fees at Anamalai Tiger Reserve.
Topslip, Anamalai Tiger Reserve (Tamilnadu)
- Park Entry Ticket: Rs. 30 per person (applicable for both Indians and Foreigners)
- Vehicle Entry Fee: Rs. 100 for 4-wheel Light Motor Vehicles / Rs. 200 for heavy vehicles with more than 4 wheels
- Still Camera: Rs. 50 per still camera
- Video camera: Rs. 200 per video camera
Parambikulam Tiger Reserve (Kerala)
- Park Entry Fee: Rs. 85 per person (for Indians) / Rs. 300 per person (for Foreigners)
- Vehicle Entry Fee: Rs. 85 for Light Motor Vehicle and Rs. 330 for Heavy Vehicles
- Camera Fee: Rs. 50 per still camera
- Video Camera: Rs. 200 per video camera
Do’s and Dont’s
- Follow the entry/gate timing strictly (7 am – 6 pm)
- Do not disturb or tease animals
- Give way to animals first.
- Animal sightings are matter of chance. Be patient.
- Total silence and discipline enhances the chances of animal sightings
- Respect animals and their habits.
- Consuming alcohol or visiting tiger reserve under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited
- Do not carry any inflammable materials
- Please do not litter the surroundings. Plastics are completely prohibited
- Small groups are always preferred. Early mornings and late afternoons are ideal to visit Forests
- Do not wear colorful clothes or perfumes during visit. Colours like Khakis, browns and greens are best suited for forests
- Always carry a bottle of drinking water
- Trekkers are advised to use jungle boots to ensure safety.
- Carry a first aid kit with medicines for common ailments.
- Always follow the instructions of the staffs and the Naturalists
- Be careful during bamboo rafting. Don’t do anything that will rock the raft or endanger lives.
- Follow the instruction given by Information Centre at the beginning.
Remember- Do not leave anything but footprints, Do not take anything but sweet memories from Nature’s own Abode- Parambikulam Tiger Reserve
Any person who contravenes or violates the rules and regulations of Tiger reserve shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or with fine which may extend to twenty five thousand rupees or with both.